Forums

Birds Eye not working

Pages: 1
SwingBling
10/29/17 04:45 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Birds Eye not working on Bing again, which is terrible. The thumbnail works on each upload but it fails once you click it.
nic
11/02/17 11:48 PM

See this old post for some background details: https://virtualglobetrotting.com/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/15162/an/0/page/0

It appears that as of last weekend, Bing Maps has now force-migrated everyone using the v7 control to the v8 control (without asking or notifying).

Looking at our current stats, it appears over 35% of locations that had Birds Eye imagery now only show Aerial imagery.

I'm not sure what, if anything I can do here I've asked the Bing Maps team if there's any other possible way to show the old BEV imagery now. I'm not hopeful.

If not, my plan is to put a little notice at the top of the page that BEV was once available and is now gone, so visitors aren't confused.

I have no idea why they decided that removing so much BEV imagery was a good idea. They've claimed in the future this will allow for a full BEV imagery refresh, which I hope happens soon, but it's degraded the experience significantly right now.
Carrera
06/11/18 04:14 PM

To be honest, I always imagined if Bing would make a "Historic View" slider like that of Google Earth's Satellite View, and would be cool if they also did the same for their Streetside View (including Live Local; that would be very interesting considering that it was released prior to Google's Street View).
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 35 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 32184