Forums

Submitting additional thumbnails for existing maps...

Pages: 1
RDecker
12/08/10 11:08 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
okay...This might seem like a completely bonehead question, but I am still fairly new at this, so bare with me...
How do I submit a google or a yahoo thumbnail for an already existing Bing map? (without attempting to submit a whole new map, which we all know will get rejected because of duplication) and vice-versa? I would just like thumbnails for all 3 formats of all my maps and I don't know the procedure. Can someone tell me how this is done?

* I already know how to make the thumbnail in Photoshop
kjfitz
12/08/10 11:26 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
First, create the alternate 150x150 pixel thumbnail and save it. For this example assume you have a Google thumbnail and want to add a Bing thumbnail.

Go to your map's 'info tab.

Example:

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/warren-jeffs-compound/

On the bottom of the right hand side there is a section titled "Update Imagery."

Click on the service for which you'll be adding new thumbnails. In this case Bing.

Upload the new thumbnail.

A moderator will check it and approve it soon.

NOTE: Don't mix Street View and other thumbnails. A Street View map should usually just have the one thumbnail. Street View maps can be resubmitted in GM, Bing and YM without them being rejected as dupes.

NOTE: Don't try to replace satellite Bing imagery with Birds Eye View (BEV) thumbnails. The thumbnail should match the URL.
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, TexasAndroid, kjfitz, Hinkkanen, AlbinoFlea, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3472