Forums

Outdated images in SV

Pages: 1
Dania
02/01/12 08:03 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
There has been a lot of updates in SV so it's time for you mods to correct them.

Kurresare and I have allready posted some of the SV files where the find isn't there anymore.

Another point. It would be nice if Nic could remove the SV finds from the site if they are gone. When they are listed but gone they aren't interesting anymore.
nic
02/02/12 02:06 PM

Instead of saying it's up to the mods to correct them, I'd say it'll be helpful if the community reports them and submits updates as they find them.

I'm wondering if we want to put some sort of flag on maps whose imagery you can't get to anymore -- a "No Longer Available" flag or something. That way, we can archive what was there but not get folks' hope up who want to see the full map in SV.
milwhcky
02/02/12 03:46 PM

A flag would be good, but I'd keep the link available. Awhile back, Google added previous satellite imagery to Google Earth. Perhaps they'll someday add the ability to look at previous Street View scenes.
Dania
02/03/12 07:42 PM

Surely we all helps to message if a find is gone but if a mod doesn't care about moving outdated files that kills sites like this one.

When you see a find from 2007 uploaded by a mod that hasn't controlled if it's stil ok. That's bad.

I would rather call it lazyness.

As a mod at another site I know it. I have called my fellow mods to help moving into outdated category, but without luck. It's better approving files than to clean up.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2720