Forums

Finding comments

Pages: 1
kjfitz
06/29/05 02:37 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
It would be nice to be able to quickly look at a list of comments on maps I had posted. Perhaps sorted by date. Right now I have to page through my posted maps 25 at a time and remember which commants were there the last time I looked. That isn't going to scale much further.
TexasAndroid
06/29/05 03:16 PM

Hmm. Moderators have an All Comments page, which is how we're able to respond/deal with comments anywhere quite quickly. Not sure what would be he best way to implement your request.

Nic will, of course, be the final judge of this, as he's the coder for the site, so he knows what is/isn't easily done. So I'm just trying to figure out possibilities.

Easiest to implement would likely be to give members some varient of the All Comment page that moderators already have. Maybe a page that shows comments on maps you've submitted and/or commented on.

Not sure how much performance impact that would have, though.
TexasAndroid
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
nic
06/29/05 09:12 PM

I plan on adding a "My Maps" page, where you can see all of the maps you've submitted (a list, no thumbnails), # of views, ratings, and # of comments.

Should be kinda cool
doranchak
07/06/05 03:25 PM

How about a feature where you can show all comments posted by a specific user? Or does this already exist somewhere?

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into the site! Your efforts have made the site really useful.
kjfitz
07/06/05 08:16 PM

That would be useful. I often make a comment on someone's map never to remember it to see if there was a reply or someone else commented, etc.
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
nic
07/06/05 10:05 PM

Sounds good, I can add that as well soon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 33 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3056