Forums

Problems with Google Earth, anyone else?

Pages: 1
nico
01/22/13 11:55 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hi,

First time writing, hope this is the right location. Sorry if it isn't, ok to move somewhere else if not.

I am really tired of all the problems with GE, especially the latest version 7. I have installed and reinstalled numerous times. I have tried pretty much all the ways indicated by GE on trouble shooting. tried contacting GE, no response. I have installed older versions, still crashes.

My main problem is it just keeps crashing, I have also tried Direct and OpenGL modes, i have the latest drivers and updates on both. Still crashes a lot. Cleaned memory and cache.I have removed all my folders and just work with a country folder at a time. I think the problem comes from a bad place mark. That helps some what to remove my country places, even though it is inconvenient since I have to constantly install or remove my country folders from the Places. GE still crashes a lot,even some times when Place is empty, it still crashes. I have learned the hard way to constantly save my new Places and new place marks.

The other really annoying problem that has cropped up recently when GE doesn't crash is the Icon don't load up!!!!! When i want to put a new place mark, i can only use the yellow place mark. When i click on the icon button to change to the numerous other ones, it is empty. I can only use the yellow pin that I don't use, I have used the other ones to denote my own finds by category. I cant just use the yellow pin, it gets confusing when it is the only type/style of place mark. Especially when I have 100s of place marks....Does any one have any ideas or know where the stupid file is in GE that I can find and upload the different icons from?????

Any response is welcome, it is driving me crazy, sorry if I can't explain better the problems,Nico

Edited by nico (01/22/13 11:56 PM)
Pages: 1
Extra information
2 registered and 145 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 1207