Forums

Linking to GGT

Pages: 1
ajan
12/11/05 09:22 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hi,

I have a photo site with a lot of pictures of many places in Europe. I would like to add links to the corresponding map page in GGT with url like for instance http://googleglobetrotting.com/info.php/mid/10635

It should be good for my site by adding location info and a lot of other things and also for GGT because it should send traffic (little because my site is modest) and makes it known to my visitors. Have you some objection to this ?

I will also add lacking thumbnails when the place is in a Hires zone, but many already exist.

Additional question: Because it should be a lot of work to frequenty update my site with such links, is there a risk to have a change in your url syntax or numbering ? Of course I don't request a commitment but only a risk probability.

Regards.

Alain Janssoone
France
nic
12/12/05 03:21 PM

ajan,

Hello!

Please feel free to link to any of the maps on GGT. The URL you have above is the correct link to use for maps.

The number at the end of the URL is the map ID, and this stays constant. I will always keep info.php/mid/x working even if I change links later (many people are linking in that way).

Good luck!
ajan
12/12/05 06:10 PM

Thanks a lot, nic

Keep on working on this site, it's great !

ajan
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 24 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3076