Forums

Queue emptied but nothing showed up

Pages: 1
kjfitz
06/22/05 07:09 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Looks like nothing has been added to the new list but there have been many added to and now gone from the queue since 12:55 today.
hkfczrqj
06/22/05 07:18 PM

It seems OK now, all the new pics are in the list now.
kjfitz
06/22/05 07:25 PM

I don't think so. The last update to today's list was 12:55. The first one in the queue is 16:32. Everything submitted between 12:55 and 16:32 is gone. For instance I submitted 17 in that time window and saw them in the queue.

Edited by kjfitz (06/22/05 07:31 PM)
kjfitz
06/22/05 08:01 PM

I think it just happened again. The Queue went to 1 but nothing new showed up in the daily maps. The daily list has been stuck at 72 for hours. Am I missing something?
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
kjfitz
06/22/05 08:44 PM

They are all there now.
kjfitz
nic
06/22/05 08:58 PM

Sorry, there was a bug that hid most of the submissions today (there is a lot of caching behind the scenes, and I just noticed the caches weren't being renewed).

Let me know of any other problems!
TexasAndroid
06/22/05 09:08 PM

Nic will have to give specific answers, but he's mentioned to me that the site uses some sort of time-delayed caching on updates. Most any changes I make takes at least a few minutes, and often longer, to show up on the site itself. The one exception seems to be the submissions queue. New entries appear there as soon as they are submitted, and entries vanish from there as soon as they are approved or rejected. Once approved, however, entries are subject to the delay. This means that for most new entries there's a period of time between when they are approved, and when they actually go live for everyone.

The count in the submission queue going down means that a moderator (currently only Nic and I) has dealt with the submission. You'll have to wait to see whether it appears.

(And while I won't say I'll never reject something for a different reason, the only reason so far I've ever seen to reject a submission has been for duplication. The Great Pyramids have been submitted 4 times already. )
TexasAndroid
TexasAndroid
06/22/05 09:09 PM

LOL. Nic got his reply out while I was typing my much more wordy one.
TexasAndroid
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 20 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3719