Forums

A more modern, responsive look

Pages: 1
nic
02/04/16 10:55 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hi everyone,

I'm beginning to embark on a bit of a facelift for the site. Nothing dramatic (yet), but I want to update the look and feel of VGT to be a bit less "2000s" looking.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but I've already updated the look and feel of the /view/ pages. They're now less cluttered, but even better, they look great on tablets and phones. The map dynamically moves to the "left" on narrow screens, so everyone can view the site good. This is called "responsive" design in the web design community.

Try going here and shrinking your browser to see the difference:

https://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/jamie-redknapps-house/view/google/

I want to make the rest of the site work like this -- to be responsive. I'm starting to test some of these changes now. The goal is to make all of the site work equally well on phones as desktops.

One of the things I'll be changing is the font. Gasp! I'll probably go with a larger point (bigger) font, and switch to something like Open Sans, which I really enjoy.

Everyone has different tastes, so I hope no one will hate the new look! It won't be too dramatic! But I'm going for a "clean" look, less clutter. Hoping there won't be too much angst.

Just a heads up. Any and all feedback (or suggestions for what to do) are welcome.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  nic, TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Parabellum, Pdunn, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 1102