AutoSubmitter Fixes

Pages: 1
nic
10/25/16 10:56 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hi everyone,

Two small changes for the AutoSubmitter:

1) It now defaults to 500x500 pixel thumbnails

2) For Bing BEV, it will correctly detect the orientation (heading NESW)

Version 1.4.0 is available here:

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/autosubmitter/publish.htm

Ideally, I'd like to eventually convert the AutoSubmitter to a Chrome extension, which should work cross-platform. Any interest?
Alephs
01/16/17 10:29 AM

Hey, nic!

Are you still developing this?

I like it. However, it's acting funny sometimes.

First, sometimes the mouse cursor stops working, and you have to use the arrow keys, and second, it doesn't keep the orientation of the 45° view in the final, submitted, map.

Is there a way to update the interface a bit and, perhaps, add an option to enter the coordinates for the submitter to lead you to the spot they point to?
Alephs
01/18/17 04:47 AM

I have some other suggestions.

For example, instead of "0.2km", could you make the submitter say "200 m"?

I'd like it to react immediately and check for any duplicates automatically. What happens is that I usually have to click on the map-link field for it to tell me about what's been mapped nearby and for it to automatically select a country and suggest a city.

Would it somehow be possible for it to automatically create a Bing thumbnail if one makes a Google one, or vice versa?

Could you make it possible for there to be at least three categories in the submission form?
Alephs
01/23/17 02:41 AM

This also happened:

Family house in Miloja Đaka Street by Mitarh: Policy violation(s): http://virtualglobetrotting.com/submit_policies/ - Do not submit a Google Street View thumbnail for a map if it isn't a Street View URL

Even I went through the Submitter.

It doesn't detect Street View URLs automatically?
Alephs
01/26/17 02:22 PM

I’m trying to reinstall this, and I get the “Application cannot be started. Contact the applicatino vendor.” error.
Alephs
03/28/17 03:12 PM

Would it be possible to add a feature to the AutoSubmitter using which when right-clicking on the map, I would be able to select Center Map Here function, which would, obviously, center the map on that very spot?
nic
04/01/17 06:38 PM

@Alephs - Unfortunately keeping the application working is a challenge. It takes a bit of work to update it every time Google or Bing update their websites. At this point, I'll try to keep it running if it's not a lot of work, but I don't plan on adding features to it.

I've just published a small update so that it works with the latest Google and Bing Maps interfaces. Please note it does not work with Google Street View, so the AutoSubmitter cannot be used for those types of maps.

The latest version is available here:
http://virtualglobetrotting.com/autosubmitter/

I've also fixed the Submit form so once the AutoSubmitter opens it, the Country/City/Lat/Lon are filled in.

I've also added a 3rd category to the submit page.
Alephs
04/07/17 12:21 PM

Thank you, nic, for the update. I understand. When you decide to stop the development completely, please let us know so that we can switch to other ways of setting up a submission.
jdubble07
05/30/18 02:20 PM

Hey Nic, seems to be a glitch again. VGTAS isn't pulling URL or thumbs. It's been about a week. I've also tried un/re-installing.
nic
06/01/18 09:03 AM

@jdubble07 -- Thanks! Looks like it was broken with the switch to HTTPS-by-default. Fixed now in version 1.7.0:

https://virtualglobetrotting.com/autosubmitter/
jdubble07
06/01/18 01:50 PM

No clue what that means, but all better, thanks! :-)
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  nic, TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Parabellum, Pdunn, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4308