Forums

Blog Changes

Pages: 1
nic
02/07/18 10:31 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hi everyone!

You may have noticed recently that the front page has a new blog post! On Notorious Prisons by a new writer named Natalie:

https://virtualglobetrotting.com/blog/notorious-prisons/

Natalie will be writing a mixture of articles on things in the news, interesting locations, travel destinations and celebrity topics.

To help make writing articles easier, we're now using WordPress as the "back-end" for writing all Blog posts. This is instead of creating a /forums/ post in the "Blog Queue" category -- there is a whole new WordPress back-end for creating articles. WordPress makes it easier to add images, format text and have a Word-like editor for creating articles.

I've updated the old instructions for writing blog posts to give more details, but if anyone wants permissions to write new blog entries, please let me know! I'm happy to let anyone write about whatever they want if they have ideas for an article. I'm also happy to pay a reasonable rate for anyone interested in writing on a consistent basis.

I converted all of the old /forums/ "Blog" posts to the new WordPress system, so all previous articles should be available as well.

Cheers!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  nic, TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Parabellum, Pdunn, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 900