Forums

Your thoughts on the Find-It Games?

Pages: 1
kjfitz
06/02/10 01:04 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
So what are your thoughts on the game? I'm looking for a little feedback. Too many back-to-back? Clues too often or not often enough? I've tried to dole out clues enough to finish most games in a day or two but I'm not sure if most people have the time to participate in a game at that pace. Do you ever check-in to find a game has progressed far enough that you feel left out? Would it be better to start a new game at a set time or set interval so you can 'plan' for it and get in early? Is getting in early even important to you? What could make the game funner? Which types of games (GM, BEV, SV) are the most interesting to you?
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
Tyco
06/02/10 05:52 PM

I generally look at the site at the end of my work day. So a set time to look would be nice. I give up/skip needle in the hay stack images. The ones I have done well or like involve searches that involve the net not just the map. If you make some easier ones and have people email you the answers and then post the results the next day/week to give more people a chance to find the object and still have the first person be the winner.

Maybe try a find it without a picture. Find the clock tower that's design has been used as the basis for several other campaniles. At one point was the tallest structure in it's country of origin.
kjfitz
06/02/10 06:26 PM

Quote:

If you make some easier ones and have people email you the answers and then post the results the next day/week to give more people a chance to find the object and still have the first person be the winner.

Very good idea. 3 points for first, 2 points for second an 1 point for third or something like that and more people could particippate over a longer time.

Quote:

The ones I have done well or like involve searches that involve the net not just the map.....Maybe try a find it without a picture. Find the clock tower that's design has been used as the basis for several other campaniles. At one point was the tallest structure in it's country of origin.

Hmm. I like that. A whole new category of game. I'm anxious to try this one. It'll be important to phrase the clues loose enough that it isn't a simple, single Google search. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the feedback.
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
jbottero
06/30/11 10:18 PM

I'd like to see some that are designed to run a little longer - I don't very often have the time to devote to a scavenger hunt all in one day, so it really counts me out of most of the contests.

I'm not sure how it might work, maybe a game where a clue is given each day until the goal is found.

The initial clues could lead to maps that combined with following clues point at the goal.

This is different than all clues being for the end goal.

Clues build on an idea, and in the final stretch, those "starter finds" and the final clues point at the winning map...

- jjb
Carrera
05/05/18 02:08 PM

We haven't had one for two whole years and hardly anyone bothers to come here for one.

Just saying.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  nic, TexasAndroid, kjfitz, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, AlbinoFlea, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 134966