Forums

Link back to map from submit and thumbnail submit

Pages: 1
romulusnr
03/03/06 02:09 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Small suggestion: provide a link back to the map page for thumbnail submit and map submit response pages. Two reasons: when you want to add more than one thumb, and for when you want to add a comment (not in the description) after a map or thumb submit.
kjfitz
03/04/06 01:40 PM

Romulusnr, you've got two thumbnails in the thumbnail queue right now. One of a mcdonalds and one of the sign on a TV station. Did you mean to submit those on the pics page instead of thumbs? Thumbs need to be from Live Local or Google. These look like photographs.
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
nic
03/04/06 01:47 PM

Added both links for you as well.
romulusnr
03/05/06 04:30 AM

kjfitz:

You've not been to LiveLocal lately, I take it. Those pics are from LiveLocal's "street level" views. So they are therefore thumbs of LL imagery. I don't know how to categorize them, so I put them as alternate LL thumbs. (See other post re more thumb types. )
nic
03/06/06 01:59 PM

Romulusnr, for the moment we're not accepting the street level views for thumbnails -- we want to keep all thumbails from a 'top-down' view. Additionally, unless LL/A9 make those images Creative Commons licensed (or somesuch), we won't accept them as Pics either.

Thanks though.. cool technology.. we'll see how it all evolves and may add support in the future!
romulusnr
03/07/06 01:51 PM

Does that mean GGT is now accepting CC/PD pics that weren't taken by the submitter?
nic
03/08/06 02:08 AM

soon
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4956