Forums

2 little remarks

Pages: 1
dda
05/26/06 11:00 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
1) In your alphabetical order, É is between A and B. It should be considered as an normal E. Église between Easy and European. I don't know what happens with other accentued letters.

2) The Pics thumbnails are square. Why not keep the proportions with forced height of 75 pixels ? It's very strange whith panoramic posts.
dda
05/29/06 07:17 PM

About the pics : Why not limit the weight of the pics instead the size? Because when automatically resized, some post look ridiculous :
http://virtualglobetrotting.com/pic/1646/
dda
dda
05/31/06 06:12 PM

I would have to place these questions in the "Site Suggestions" section.
dda
nic
06/01/06 01:23 AM

1) I believe this is a byproduct of the database engine we use, MySQL. When I ask for things in alphabetical order, it gives the accentuated characters in weird places. I've looked online but haven't found a solution to the problem.

2) This design decision was lazyness on my part, I agree that it should be changed. It's on my to-do
romulusnr
06/02/06 07:23 PM

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/character-sets.html
nic
06/18/06 02:44 AM

Unfortunately, the DB is stored in a character set (the default with my distro) that has these weird orderings. I'm too chicken to change the character set as I'm afraid we'll loose data somewhere... I might try to do a sample change and verify, but it's still kinda risky.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4204