Forums

How to post a blog entry to VGT

General Discussion : Blog Submissions Previous Index Next Threaded
Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
nic
03/29/07 03:29 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Welcome!

We're accepting any and all blog posts for VGT.

How:
* Simply make a post in this forum.
* Note - create a new thread, don't reply to this post.
* Once it gets approved by a moderator, it will show up live on the front page.
* If you want to include a map thumbnail in a post, simply place its map number between a pair of {{ and }}s.
* NOTE: map number is located below the Yahoo thumbnail.

i.e.: { { 100 } }

The above is shown with spaces to explain the markup. Do not include spaces in your post.

This will make:

Guidelines:
* Please spell and grammar check your posts before submitting. Note that Firefox 2.0 has a spell check built in for all text boxes.
* Don't copy another site's post.
* If you want to post news you found elsewhere, put it in your own words. Also include a credit link at the bottom of your post to where you got the tip from.

Allowed Subject Matter:
Anything related to VGT is allowed, including:
* Satellite maps
* Updates to Google Maps, Live Local or other mapping services. This can include new features or imagery updates.
* New mapping, GPS or satellite technologies
* "Check This Out" posts that highlight interesting maps or groups of maps. Note that I will be adding a plugin to easily link to a map to include its thumbnail.

(Moderator instructions):
If you approve of a post, please move it to the Blog/News category. Once there, it should be live on the main page after 15 minutes or so (due to front page caching).

Edited by mlc1us (08/05/12 03:58 PM)
Pdunn
03/29/07 06:12 PM

Post deleted by Pdunn
nic
09/08/08 11:28 PM

Don't know how I missed this Pdunn. Can you make a new post of this in the Blog forums? Looks great!
tlp333
11/07/08 10:34 AM

The message above from nic is behaving really weird. Every time I log off and back on and check the Forums, his last response appears as a new unread message (light bulb on). I have never seen a message do this before once you have already clicked on it and read it once.
Pdunn
11/07/08 10:48 AM

I'm having the same results.

Patrick
kjfitz
11/07/08 11:36 AM

Not happening for me. I logged out and closed my browser.

I don't have any cache (always set to zero.)

Try clearing your browser cache.

--------------------
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
tlp333
08/07/09 02:56 PM

I don't know what the deal is, but this is still happening after months and months. I have cleared the cache several times, rebooted, you name it. This thread always appears as a new unread message again and again even though the last reply was from "kjfitz" back in November 2008. It can't be the cache or all the other threads would appear as unread as well when I login. It's just this one for some reason. I have no idea what is going on, but I wish we could fix it.
kjfitz
08/07/09 04:58 PM

I think it was a result of how the forum handled the deletion of a spam message. I have the same issue intermittently. Now that we've both made these posts it SHOULD reset the time stamp (I hope).

Kevin

--------------------
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
tlp333
08/10/09 08:18 PM

Problem solved!
tlp333
09/26/09 01:50 PM

Now this thread is doing it to me again. What is going on here?
nic
10/07/09 09:04 PM

I believe if there's a thread or reply moved to another forum (such as moving from blog submissions to news), the unread indication isn't fixed.
tlp333
11/23/09 07:23 AM

Refresh
tlp333
01/13/10 08:41 AM

Test
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Parabellum, Pdunn, dda, nic, mlc1us, milwhcky 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 113126