Forums

Ideas(3)

Pages: 1
Anonymous
07/27/05 09:00 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Bugger: can't seem to sign in to the Forums.
Anyhow, this is albinoflea, not anonymous...

Three brainstorms:

=====

MyGoogleGlobetrotting

An area where members can submit personal links; where they live(d), hospital where they were born, where they work(ed), cemetery where their great-grandparents are buried, where they went on vacation, etc. etc.

Personal submissions would be kept separate from the general pool, and would only be accessible from the member's map submission page.

Perhaps add functionality for maintaining personal submissions private amongst a list of contacts/family members/friends.

=====

Moderator's Choice Awards

Each moderator would give their 5 or 10 favorite submissions from the week an "award", basically adorning the map with some kind of icon and perhaps giving a short description of why they like it.

=====

Adding sort functionality to the Approved Maps page

Add the ability to sort by month/date submitted, locality, category, popularity, etc.

Perhaps provide some basic stats too; average views per map submitted, average maps submitted per day/week/month

=====
nic
07/28/05 11:26 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I like the personal sites idea, I will think about how to implement that.

The Mod's Choice Award is also a great idea.

I plan on adding sorting/filtering/etc capabilities to all of the "Map thumbnails" pages (approved, categories, states, etc).

A general stats page has been planned and will be added soon
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2207