Forums

World Heritage sites links.

Pages: 1
TexasAndroid
06/27/05 12:27 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
My goodness. From a SlashDot posting comes a link to a list of all the Heritage sites. Including Google Maps links to each one.

This'll take me far too long to go through. I welcome anyone else to work through these and find which ones look interesting enough for this page, and submit them here.
TexasAndroid
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
Anonymous
06/27/05 12:51 AM

the name of the glacier is not "san Rafael", is Perito Moreno glacier please put the correct name
nic
06/27/05 02:57 AM

Done
Anonymous
06/27/05 05:57 PM

Just to clarify, I have to disagree with the Anonymous poster. Perito Moreno is located in Argentinian territory, and I haven't submitted its location. I actually submitted San Rafael, located in Chilean territory. A NASA space radar image is located of San Rafael is located at http://visibleearth.nasa.gov/view_rec.php?id=627 , for an image comparison. Both glaciers are located in the same ice field, though.

And, by the way, to stay on topic, the World Heritage link to the google map of Los Glaciares park (Argentina) is off some hundreds of miles/km (but that's UNESCO's fault).
hkfczrqj
06/27/05 06:00 PM

Oops, I forgot to login...
hkfczrqj
06/27/05 06:12 PM

For the sake of completeness I just submitted the link for Perito Moreno glacier.

hkfczrqj
TexasAndroid
06/27/05 06:13 PM

I'm confused. If the first one was really Perito Moreno, what is the second one?
TexasAndroid
hkfczrqj
06/27/05 06:22 PM

Maybe I wasn't clear. The first one is San Rafael, the second one is Perito Moreno.

I'm 110% sure. I promise

Edited by hkfczrqj (06/27/05 06:24 PM)
TexasAndroid
06/27/05 06:27 PM

Ok. I misread which anonymous poster was you. Thought you were contradicting yourself. I'll straighten it out.
TexasAndroid
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 96 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4760