Forums

Removal of map 68124

Pages: 1
TheMarlboroMan
04/09/09 05:36 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
King Tiger 213 La Gleize & Panther Ausf. G Houffalize (Map 68124) was removed because of the pictures i've added.
Problem is that i can't zoom in more on the map to give the picture to be seen in the map.That is why i've added one of mine to show at least what should of bin seen...
kjfitz
04/09/09 12:09 PM

There are a lot of maps that are low resolution that don't show the actual subject.

Here's an example:

Bad Newz Kennels
© Google Maps

You can still post something small even zoomed way out. As time goes by most areas get higher res imagery over time, Street View or Birds Eye View. Then you can update the thumbnail. In the meantime you can still post your own photos of the subject after you post the map. Just click the "Your Pics" button to add them to your submission.

VGT is about what you can see in the various mapping tools. It isn't about posting geocoded imagery. They may be similar but we try to keep the distinction here.
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
TheMarlboroMan
04/09/09 04:39 PM

I will keep that in mind...

Meanwhile i can't seem to find the "your pics button"...?
kjfitz
04/09/09 04:45 PM

Once you post your map it will have an "info" link under it. (Like the one above this post)

Click on it. There will be an orange-ish button on the right side of the page that says "Your Pics"
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 161 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3180