Forums

What is it? (Saudi Arabia)

Pages: 1
tully
10/19/05 06:54 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Ok, was skimming through the desert in Google Earth and came across something quite interesting. At first I was marveling at the water-like desert much like in the post (http://googleglobetrotting.com/info.php/mid/3288), then I saw the odd red square which is a nice high-res image of three 'compounds' nestled among the dunes...

Google Earth: 22.539188, 54.000155 (this will put you dead centre of the three 'sites')

Any ideas?

Tully.

UPDATE: Ok, did some closer looking, there is something labeled "SHAYBAHGOSP-2" at the eastern-most location, and there is an airport to the lower west. Still have no idea.

Edited by tully (10/19/05 07:02 PM)
Anonymous
10/26/05 11:11 PM

Hi,Shaybahgosp-2 is the name of an oil refinery.In this area there is an oil field,oil pipe lines, oil refinery,Airport and living quarters for staff.If you want another interesting spot to check-just south of Bushehr,Iran on the coast you can see the Nuclear Power Plant with two reactors that Russia is building for Iran.Iran plans to make weapons grade material to arm their Shahab-3 and Shahab-4 Missiles.Israel has different plans for this site.
Anonymous
11/05/05 08:33 PM

You seem so confident in your analysis. You obviously know what this place is (that you conveniently did not leave coordinates for), what the Iranian plans are, what the Russians are doing, and of course you know what Israel's plans are. You've uncovered from one picture what experts failed to uncover. Maybe you should be a weapon's inspector. Hell maybe you should join the Bush administration as an "expert".
Anonymous
11/24/05 03:34 AM

I don't think the word expert is accurate...informed is more like it.

Hi,Shaybahgosp-2 is the name of an oil refinery In this area there is an oil field,oil pipe lines, oil refinery,Airport and living quarters for staff.
--Pretty straightforward...public knowledge

If you want another interesting spot to check-just south of Bushehr,Iran on the coast you can see the Nuclear Power Plant with two reactors that Russia is building for Iran
-- Latitude: 28deg 49 min 46.19sec
-- Longitude: 50deg 53min 07.75sec
--Typing "Bushehr, Iran" into the search of Google Earth walks you over to the city..then just scroll south a bit....it only takes a little typing.
--The fact that this is a nuclear facility being built w/Russia's help is, again, public knowledge...no expert required...just reading

Iran plans to make weapons grade material to arm their Shahab-3 and Shahab-4 Missiles
--This is somewhat speculative. Iran denies that it has any military plans for the use of their nuclear facitities for anything other than peaceful purposes...Public knowledge. The fact that Iran continues to develop and build military rockets is a no brainer...it is documented and hey...we do the same thing. The speculation that they might actually put a warhead into a rocket (not necessarily the Shahab-3 or 4) is probably more of an educated guess. We did it, the Russians did it, the Chinese did it, the Koreans did it...etc, etc. It doesn't make a lot of sense to build rockets that go thousands of miles with multiple stages, etc. and then when it strikes its target go POP! I'd certainly think the Iranians would hang the military commander who didn't at least propose a payload that went KABOOM. Again, no expertise, just basic common sense.

Israel has different plans for this site
--The Iranian Minister of Defense himself has been quoted as stating that Israel was planning to attack nuclear facitities in Iran....he may have been lying but it certainly is easy to make the jump from attacking "nuclear facilities" to attacking Bushehr nuclear facility. This is certainly a very basic logical conclusion. Again...no expert, just reading...perhaps, he could have said..."The Iranian Defense Minister claims that Israel has different plans for this site" A bit more accurate perhaps...but I only did some basic searchs for info.

As to the Bush thing...it sounds like you are somewhat emotional about his administration...as soon as you can see past your emotions and start thinking...you'll find that all administrations have their faults...get over it. I assume that you think a Democratic president would be better. If I'm wrong, I apologize. The FACTS are both Dems and Repubs saw the data, BOTH agreed it was serious and you will find all kinds of documentation...The fact that WMD were there is true...there is abundant evidence that they were used on the Iranians themselves...this is not speculation....this is fact. Just becuase they've been hidden, doesn't mean they didn't exist...It is a fact that they did. Again...don't get emotional about it...politics is politics...facts are facts...emtions are emotions... Keep them separate
romulusnr
11/29/05 04:10 PM

FTR -- I identified Bushehr by using Hybrid mode to line up the border of Iran with a map of Iran (probably like that found at the Perry-Castaneda Library), and determined that the spot was close to the city of Bushehr. I corroborated with globalsecurity.org to determine what the site was at that area. Then, GlobalSec's own sat photos lined up with my spot in GMaps.

I know very little about Iranian nuclear programs -- in fact for more than half of my submitted maps (and Info Requested tips) I know very little about the place until I do the research to identify the spot.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4835