Forums

New Forum Catagory

Pages: 1
tully
10/19/05 07:14 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
My suggestion would be to add in a "Help! What is it?" catagory. If you find something that hasn't been posted before (that you can find) but have no idea what it is, which catagory does it go into? I like the idea of location request, however, now we need the opposite; I know where it is but I don't know what it is..

My thoughts on the subject.

Thks.

Tully.
romulusnr
10/20/05 03:38 PM

Events -> Info Requested

I sometimes troll that one for things to dig into myself.
TexasAndroid
10/20/05 04:16 PM

He was asking for a Forum category, not a entry category, but I would actually second romulusnr's suggestion. If you have something, but don't know what it is, submit it anyway, and ask about it in the description. If the approving moderator has no idea either, we'll generally add the Info Requested category to it, and that opens it up to everyone to try to figure out what it is.
TexasAndroid
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
kjfitz
10/20/05 04:56 PM

There are a few people who "specialize" in finding those obscure things in the "Info Requested" category.
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
AlbinoFlea
10/20/05 05:32 PM

Not sure who you might be referring to with that comment...

Here's an idea:

On the index page, maybe under the Recent News on the right-hand side, display the thumbnail of randomly selected map from the Info Requested page with a caption like, "Mystery Map" or "Can you help identify this?".

It would get some extra exposure to those maps that need some clarification, use up some of the space along that side of the index page, and maybe make the site a little "stickier".

An RSS feed specific to the Info Requested category might help out too.

AlbinoFlea
nic
10/20/05 09:38 PM

I've added the ability to get RSS feeds of any category. You can now subscribe to the Info Requested category. (next to the Google Earth link)

I do like the "Mystery Map" idea too! I'll think about it.
AlbinoFlea
10/21/05 09:53 AM

Thanks once again Nic. Guess you found some spare time this week!

AlbinoFlea
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4125