Forums

My Maps

Pages: 1
borlefborlef
06/30/10 12:20 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I have checked all my maps before submitting, and you continue to take them down. They work every time I submit them, then click on them. If you are just going to be jerks, just say your being a jerk and taking them down for no reason, don't say they don't work.
kjfitz
06/30/10 01:51 AM

There is a bug in the site's submission code relating to the embedded viewer. We're working on figuring it out. It will take a while. It results in some maps showing up in some browsers but not others. The moderators deleting your maps use a viewer in which it does not show up. So the map is rejected. Until now the bug wasn't known. Now it is.

You might prefer to hold off posting maps until nic posts a note saying it has been fixed.
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
mlc1us
06/30/10 02:02 AM

Your maps that were rejected for bad URLs do not work in the Bing Maps Interface. Here is the URL for Gabor Garai's House:

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=...5&encType=1

If you open it in Bing Maps (Classic, not Silverlight, version) you will see the problem.

If you want to be sure that your maps are not rejected you need to test your URLs before you submit them by clicking the Direct View link on the embedded viewer pop up. That will open your Url in Bing Maps.
nic
07/20/10 01:10 AM

Thanks for letting us know, I'm currently trying to figure out what's going on!
nic
12/20/10 12:25 AM

For reference, I believe this issue was fixed.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 56 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3234