Forums

Has something changed?

Pages: 1
hhgygy
07/16/10 08:20 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hi!

Today I tried to make new posts as usual but it said that the comment field is required because the category is not clear (or something like this) although I did set a category each time. Has something changed?
pmoore66
07/16/10 11:08 AM

I am curious about this too.
It started happening to me yesterday afternoon...
PMOORE66
sculpture/architecture advocate

Edited by pmoore66 (07/16/10 11:09 AM)
kjfitz
07/16/10 11:39 AM

Yes, there was a big change to the back end of the code on the submit page. We're working through the bugs. Your patience is appreciated. If you see anomalies please post them here along with as much info as possible about how to reproduce the problem.

nic has his bug smasher out and can kill them quickly if he knows how to lure them out in the open.
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
nic
07/19/10 08:07 PM

Hi guys -- can you help me with exactly how you're posting? I haven't been able to reproduce this.

What browser / OS?

What are the exact fields you're posting with - a screenshot would be helpful if you don't want to list everything out.

Thanks!
pmoore66
07/22/10 09:34 AM

Sorry for the delay...I just saw another post about the Description being required; nic has sinced fixed this. In my case, I thought this requirement might be appropriate. You may think about requiring either a link OR a description as opposed to allowing both to be blank. I always felt the Descripiton field was duplicitous if a link was given. Why repeat what is already been described at another URL...ignoring the fact that links are fickle. More information seems to give the submissions more meat and forces the submitter to think a little about why they are submitting a map.

Secondly, Bing Maps no longer require geocode? nic is a genius.
PMOORE66
sculpture/architecture advocate
kjfitz
07/22/10 12:01 PM

Quote:

nic is a genius.

I agree.
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 49 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3443