Forums

How to post 45° View Google Maps

Pages: 1
hhgygy
10/25/10 05:33 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hi, I wanted to post some of the new 45° Google Maps images from my home town but I'm not sure how to do that.
Can you help?
hhgygy
10/25/10 05:37 AM

Also It's not clear whether "45° satellite" and "Aerial" are the same. It seems so...
kkeps
10/25/10 07:51 AM

I thought it would be the same as submitting any other satellite view from Google Maps. If there's no new instructions from a moderator about how to do this, just enter the url the same way as you regularly would in Google Maps view.
hhgygy
10/25/10 08:44 AM

All right but the point is that the thumbnail will not look as the big picture as there is no option to switch to Aerial in GoogleMaps in VGT or is there?
mlc1us
10/25/10 03:40 PM

Post them the same way you do for any other Google map. Unfortunately the VGT embedded viewer does not yet support 45° imagery so it must be viewed in Goggle Maps. What you can do from the VGT viewer is select the URL link in the white box near the upper left corner, then select "Direct View" which takes you to the location in Google maps. You may need to zoom in and/or change direction to see what is portrayed in the thumbnail.
mlc1us
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
nic
03/20/11 04:48 PM

Hey guys,

I fixed this issue yesterday. 45* imagery should show up properly in the embedded viewer.

Let me know if you see any issues!
hhgygy
04/02/11 01:51 PM

That's great, it even keeps the 45° view turned West or East! Great job!
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 56 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4130