Forums

I am using your darned software to submit so why are you bitching at me?

General Discussion : Map Corrections Previous Index Next Threaded
Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
CEMaine
09/03/11 03:55 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I submitted some maps this morning. Two were rejected. On one you said:
"BEV thumb & aerial URL - I am tired of fixing your screwed up submissions. Test your URLs before submitting! "

I am using the autosubmitter tool jerk. Why don't you make test your freaking software before posting it!!

I am not a code guy. I am not going to tell you why YOUR software screws up. I expect YOU to do that.

I also expect an apology AFTER you FIX your software.

Thank You
CEMAINE

--------------------
On The Rocky Coast of Maine
mlc1us
09/03/11 06:45 PM

I apologize for the nasty comment. I should not have been so discourteous. I wish I could help with the software, but unfortunately it can't get it to install on my computer. I would like to recommend that before you press the submit button you test the URL by copying and pasting it into the address bar on your browser. This will open it in Bing Maps, and you will be able to see whether or not it is what you intended.

Thanks!

--------------------
mlc1us
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
CEMaine
09/04/11 04:34 AM

Thanx Very Much. I really enjoy this site and have allot of fun adding locations. I will test all URLs before submitting

--------------------
CEMaine
09/04/11 07:02 AM

BTW..
Is there a place to post bugs like this? I looked at the forum list and did not see any that seemed right.

--------------------
mlc1us
09/04/11 10:21 AM

Quote:

BTW..
Is there a place to post bugs like this? I looked at the forum list and did not see any that seemed right.

There are a couple of options:

1) Virtual Globetrotting UserVoice is a page to post suggestions for improving this site. You will also be able to see and vote for suggestions from others that you would like to see implemented.

2) The Site Suggestions Forum may be used.

--------------------
mlc1us
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
nic
09/11/11 11:21 PM

CEMaine,

Can you re-install the latest version of the AutoSubmitter? It was recently updated to ensure that Birds Eye URLs are submitted.

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/autosubmitter/setup.exe

Please try a new Birds Eye submission with the AutoSubmitter. Before you submit, copy and paste the URL into your browser to ensure that it's still Birds Eye. If not, please let me know the URL.

Thanks!
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 187125