Forums

Map Ratings

Pages: 1
jdubble07
09/18/13 04:50 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
It's completely petty, but is there any way to find out who the blog troll is that is consistently rating my, Xeba73, Fab, Koho56, Champion3, and a few other's maps as 1 star? I know the ratings don't really mean anything, but it's kinda a dick move, no?
kjfitz
09/18/13 06:08 PM

I support displaying the names of the people who rate a map.

Actually I prefer the +1 system but I think Nic's survey showed people wanted the rating system to stay the way it is. I don't remember him asking for votes to remain anonymous though.

I wouldn't mind being able to see who was rating my maps and how. It would be a cool way to connect with some lurkers who have similar interests. I also suspect it might limit rate trollers, especially if we don't allow anonymous voting.

Kevin
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
Fab
09/19/13 03:08 AM

The +1 system would definitely be better.
nic
09/24/13 10:48 AM

I'd be willing to try a "vote log" visible for each map, but I think as soon as we add that, people who are voting 1 star will log out of their account first, and/or use an IP anonymizer.

I guess that would make it a higher barrier to mass 1-voting, but I don't think it's foolproof.

The +1 system is something I really wanted to try, but it seemed most people weren't interested in changing the 1-10 star system.
jdubble07
10/04/13 01:23 AM

Just like you can't comment with links unless you're logged in, couldn't you make it mandatory to be logged in to vote? Then you could use the vote log.
Fab
07/07/14 06:10 AM

What exactly is this rating system for? How to interpret for example 9 stars? "Pretty cool but not so perfect"? "Wasn't extremely hard to find"? It makes no sense. I'm back with the 1-voting question, since there is a user or lurker who recently does this to my maps apparently just because they are submitted by me. Someone who has a kind of a personal emotional problem. Such a situation is already sick. As far as I'm convinced, none of us needs to see that there is somebody stupid and aggressive, and must show it in this way. Any tiny chance of introducing some changes?
Xeba73
07/07/14 05:30 PM

Really shouldn't bother you. I think there was a map a couple of days ago with, like, 10 views and 20 1/10 ratings. Somebody is playing games. If you care - he wins.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4068