Forums

I Need Help Retracing a Location...

Pages: 1
Carrera
06/17/18 10:14 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
My map "The Storm that Swallows the Sky" had been removed for "The URL you submitted does not match thumbnail or description", either I made a mistake for the URL or something else, but I can't seem to retrace the image's location.

This image, dated May 2012, is near downtown Scranton, Pennsylvania.

https://c1.vgtstatic.com/thumb/2/2/224120-v1-mini/the-storm-that-swallows-the-sky.jpg

If anyone finds this image or a similar one in that area, please let me know. Thank you.
mlc1us
06/18/18 01:25 PM

Your original URL is https://goo.gl/maps/ZABH3X3SUHo
I did a little looking and found the scene in you thumbnail by just panning around. I have recovered the deleted map, edited it, and approved it. The correct URL does not show the stormy scene in the VGT viewer, but I added a direct link to it.

Please, always be certain you are looking at the scene you want when you grab the URL.
mlc1us
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
Carrera
06/18/18 01:30 PM

Thanks, my bad. I wanted it to also show that the clouds blanketing over the sky were "eating" the harmless, lighter, and cloudy sky, showing contrast.
mlc1us
06/18/18 01:53 PM

Quote:
I wanted it to also show that the clouds blanketing over the sky were "eating" the harmless, lighter, and cloudy sky, showing contrast.

You could grab and upload a pic of the contrasting scene using the "Upload your pics" link.
mlc1us
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 30110