Forums

Censorship in LL

Pages: 1
kjfitz
01/29/07 06:33 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
As has been pointed out elsewhere LL is now censoring many sites with very carefully crafted camouflage (especially in Italy). At first glimpse it is quite insidious and you think you'd never know it was there.

But after looking at these sites they now seem to jump out at me. I can now look at the aerial view of a city in Italy and pick out the censored areas quite easily. The colors are often a bit off than the surrounding areas, or the resolution is just a tad different and almost always the edges are much too sharp.

Many of the cities in Italy have BEV and I've yet to find a BEV site in Italy that is censored.

I've been using the censorship-spotting technique as a flag to focus my attention in on places I'd have surely missed otherwise.

Looks like this attempt at censorship is backfiring.
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
Parabellum
02/18/07 02:09 PM

The airport that exists, but doesn't exist: http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&a...;scene=10628427
VGT Moderator
kjfitz
06/28/07 06:12 PM

Looks like LL is giving up on the censorship. I noticed that AFSOUTH in Naples is back. The airport mentioned above is back too. I've randomly checked other censored sites in Italy. Some are back (Toranto is a big one) but others are still censored (La Spezia). Perhaps they just had a batch of images that were censored and now a new source of images that aren't.
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 121 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3868