Forums

Recovering Rejected Maps

Pages: 1
Citrohan
03/16/09 12:11 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
How can I recover maps I submitted but were rejected due to the thumbnail not matching the map? I would like to re-submit them with the corrected thumbnail. Would the copy and descriptions I wrote be included in the recovery?
If the thumbnail is going to be a BEV, does it have to be from the default, south side angle?
kjfitz
03/16/09 01:29 PM

Right now rejected maps can't be recovered easily. Sometimes nic is available to do that but usually the best thing is to resubmit it.

The tentative plan (i.e. some time in the future) is to add a queue where your rejected maps will go. You'll then have full access to that map to make all the adjustments and updates for a re-submit.

Your thumbnail should match whichever view the URL you submitted goes to. If the thumb goes to a Maps Live aerial view then the thumb should match (i.e. not be a BEV thumb). If your URL is BEV then the the thumb should match whichever direction the BEV URL launches to.
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
nic
03/28/09 03:52 AM

I can recover rejected maps data as needed, and update fields (URL, etc) if you need, otherwise please re-submit. As Kevin mentions, I'm working on a "rejected" queue where you could edit maps that were rejected an re-submit them without having to re-enter all of the data. I hope to have this working within a month or two.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 57 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2747