Browse MapsAll (166,651)
States: AK AL AR AZ CA CO CT DC DE FL GA HI IA ID IL IN KS KY LA MA MD ME MI MN MO MS MT NC ND NE NH NJ NM NV NY OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VA VT WA WI WV WY
Transient Street View
Welcome to a new scavenger hunt! We do these occasionally. Everyone seems ready for a change from the weekly Photo Safaris.
This hunt's theme is Transient Maps. These are items that are not always fixed in one place. Well, OK, there are a *few* non-transient categories to flesh it all out. Have fun with this and if its popular we'll do them a lot more often to mix things up.
Here's how it works. You submit one map for each category. Maps must be from Google Street View or Google Inside.
- All maps submitted for a scavenger must be new and unique (no duplicates of old maps!).
- To submit a map for the Scavenger Hunt, submit a map as normal. On the submissions page, you will have a chance to select a category to submit to.
- Once a map is approved by the moderators, you will receive the points for that category.
- Any submission for any subject will be invalid if it is in the vicinity of another submission of the same category/subject by any poster.
- The Scavenger Hunt ends on the date listed. At that point, the user with the most point wins. Ties are allowed.
- Moderators reserve the right to add additional limits and restrictions to any item at any time to preserve the spirit of the hunt.
- Moderators reserve the right to award the stink eye to sea lawyers who get in arguments over other people's posts and whether they are legit. It's a game, folks! It is supposed to be fun.
Post your finds to an appropriate category.
These notes apply to some categories (as marked):
NOTE 2 - Include link to IMDB or Wikipedia.
NOTE 3 - Include artist in the title and a link to a web page with the history / background of the art.
NOTE 4 - Include a Wikipedia link.
NOTE 5 - Photos of items in ads and posters are not valid submissions.
This hunt ran from 2012-11-03 through 2012-11-16.
Submissions:Browse All Maps >>
335 maps submitted.