The Monument is a 3.7-inch Heavy Anti-Aircraft gun. It is one of the guns from the two Battery's (247 & 248) sited around Swansea during the war years, defending the Town of Swansea from Air attacks.

It is a 'Monument To The Air Defence of Swansea' and dedicated to the heroic people of Swansea, who lost their lives or who were wounded, on those fateful nights, in February 1941, during WW2.
View in Google Earth Categories: Vehicle - Military - Display
Links: www.abertawe.gov.uk
By: mlc1us
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement