Abandoned base pool at former Bronson Field
By kjfitz @ 2007-08-28 10:44:03
The field officially closed as a NAAS in 1946, and was used as an outlying field. The Navy tore down most of the temporary wartime buildings in the 1950’s, but continued to use the hangars for parts storage for the next 10 years. The remainder of the base, including the seaplane water ramp area by the bay, is now the Navy's Blue Angel Recreation Park. The old runways are used for weekend automobile races.