Located at the Swallow Cliff Forest Preserve, these six toboggan chutes were a popular wintertime attraction. Sledders climbed 126 steps to the top of the hill in order to get a brief thrill ride down the hillside.
The first toboggan chute was built at Swallow Cliff in 1923. It was replaced by three safer chutes, and the remaining three were built in the 1930's.
Despite community efforts to save them, the chutes were demolished by the city in 2004. A plain grassy hill reopened in 2008 for sledders to enjoy.