The Alfred Clifford House at 22 Westmoreland Place was built circa 1891. The house was designed in a Richardsonian Romanesque by the architectural firm of Eames and Young. The house was built for Alfred Clifford, one of the founding partners of the Southern Wire Company, the largest manufacturer of non-patented barbed wire. Clifford later became a director of U.S. Steel Corporation.
Category: Homes - Historic