The building at 180 Elizabeth Street, known as Macpherson House, is situated on the north bank of the Napanee River, east of Camden Road, in the Town of Greater Napanee. The two-storey, wood-frame building was designed in the Neoclassical style and was constructed in 1826.
The exterior, select elements of the interior and the scenic character of the property are protected by an Ontario Heritage Trust conservation easement (1982). The property is also designated by the Town of Greater Napanee under Part IV of the Ontario Heritage Act (By-law 169-77)in 1977. The property is now owned and operated by the Lennox and Addington Historical Society and has operated as a house museum since 1967.