This legendary midget auto racing track is on land which was donated to the Sun Prairie volunteer fire department in 1903 by Colonel William Angell. In 1913, a 1/2 mile harness horse racing track was built. Occasional auto racing events took to the track in the 20's and 30's. In 1946, the track was shortened to its current 3/10 mile size. The footprint of the larger oval track is still visible in aerial photos.
The National Midget Auto Racing Hall of Fame is located in the pavilion next to the track. The fire department continues to own the track and the surrounding park land.
Category: Raceways - Car