Aransas Pass Lighthouse

Aransas Pass Lighthouse


Port Aransas, Texas (TX), US
1857. Reactivated, inactive1952-1988; now privately maintained; focal plane 65 ft (20 m); continuous white light. 68 ft (21 m) octagonal red brick tower. Lantern painted white. The original 4th order Fresnel lens is on display at the Port Aransas Civic Center. The lighthouse is a sibling of the Sabine Pass (Louisiana) Light, but without the buttresses added to that lighthouse. The 1-story frame keeper's quarters (1919) is occupied by resident keepers. The light station was restored and is maintained by the current owner, Charles Butt, owner of the HEB grocery chain. The keepers light the lens each night. Located adjacent to the Lydia Ann Channel on the north side of Aransas Pass in San Patricio County. Accessible only by boat. Site and tower closed.
1857. Reactivated, inactive1952-1988; now privately maintained; focal plane 65 ft (20 m); continuous white light. 68 ft (21 m) octagonal red brick tower. Lantern painted white. The original 4th order Fresnel lens is on display at the Port Aransas Civic Center. The lighthouse is a sibling of the Sabine Pass (Louisiana) Light, but without the buttresses added to that lighthouse. The 1-story frame keeper's quarters (1919) is occupied by resident keepers. The light station was restored and is maintained by the current owner, Charles Butt, owner of the HEB grocery chain. The keepers light the lens each night. Located adjacent to the Lydia Ann Channel on the north side of Aransas Pass in San Patricio County. Accessible only by boat. Site and tower closed.
View in Google Earth Lighthouses
Links: www.lighthousefriends.com
By: WacoKidd110

Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement