The Asphalt Green Sports and Arts Center at 655 East 90th Street is one
of the area's major landmarks with its parabolic arch structure. It was
originally the Municipal Asphalt Plant and was designed by Kahn & Jacobs and erected in 1944. In 1982, it was altered to designs by
Hellmuth, Obata & Kassabaum with Pasanella + Klein as design architects
into a sports center.