Avro Lancaster KB 882 Type 10 A. R.
Vehicle - Military - Display
Flew with R.A.F. Bomber Command No. 6 Group, 428 Squadron, A Canadian formation in World War II. This aircraft flew eleven successful missions over enemy territory.
Kept in storage from 1945 until 1952, it was then used as a photo reconnaissance aircraft with the 408 squadron at Rockliffe, Ontario until 1964. The KB 882 was flown to Edmunston on July 14, 1964 where it remains one of only three aircraft of this type in existence.
This monument was erected in September 1985 by 251 Madawaska Wing R.C.A.F.A. in recognition for services rendered by the R.C.A.F. and it's airmen during the two world wars.