Burnham & Morrill Co., a widely known Portland, Maine landmark, has been in the canning business for more than a century. Back in 1867, George Burnham, who previously had been a partner in the canning firm of Rumery & Burnham, started his own business and was joined by John E. Burnham and Charles Morrill.
Companies - Plants/Factories, Buildings - Misc
For nearly 50 years, the company was owned by the Burnham family, but in 1910 George B. Morrill, Sr. bought out the Burnham's interest and soon after, B&M moved from 13 Franklin Street, Portland, to its present site on Casco Bay. In 1965, the address of the B&M plant was redesigned as "One Bean Pot Circle." Since the company's beginnings in 1867, the excellence of B&M products has been recognized both nationally and internationally, a fact attested to by the numerous medals and awards received over the years from U.S. and world trade expositions.