Bank of Santa Cruz
By kkeps @ 2008-12-17 07:26:11
The county's pioneer banking institution of 1870 relocated to this site after the fire of 1894. The building originally had a domed tower over the corner entrance, and a raised main floor to accomodate basement shops. The dome was removed in the expansion of 1910 when the main floor was lowered to street level and the entrance was placed on Pacific Avenue.