Barratt's Chapel was built in 1780, on land donated by Philip Barratt, a prominent political figure in the area. Barratt, who had recently become a Methodist, wanted to build a center for the growing Methodist movement in Delaware.
Barratt's Chapel is the oldest surviving church building in the United States built by and for Methodists
In 1972 it was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
By neotrix @ 2012-08-28 12:32:39