Battery 236 was a part of Fort Travis, which was part of the harbor defense of Galveston, and was built from 1942 to 1945. The battery was operational until 1946. It should be equipped with two 6" guns but was never armed.
View in Google Earth Categories: Military - Bunkers, Events - Historical
Links: fortwiki.com
By: Matheus_

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload