Picture

Construction began in July 1949; the main structure was completed in April 1954, and deliberate impoundment began on March 8,
1954. In 1966 the reservoir had a capacity of 210,600 acre-feet and a surface area of 7,400 acres at the top of the conservation storage space (elevation 569 feet above mean sea level). The reservoir provided 887,000 acre-feet of flood-control storage capacity. The drainage area above the dam was 3,560 square miles.
View in Google Earth Categories: Dams
Links: www.tsha.utexas.edu, en.wikipedia.org
By: kjfitz
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement