"In 1900, the Benton waterworks were installed, including this stone tower, wood tank, windmill, deep water pump, water mains, and hydrants. One of only two remaining stone water towers in the state and the last one to be used by the community. The tower remained in use for about 100 years and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1999."
View in Google Earth Categories: Towers - Water Storage
Links: www.travelwisconsin.com
By: kkeps
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement