Bergamo Fortress

Bergamo Fortress


Bergamo, Italy (IT)
It was begun in 1331 on hill of the Sant'Eufemia by William of Castelbarco, vicar of John of Bohemia, and later completed by Azzone Visconti. A wider citadel was also added, but it is now partly lost. The Venetians built a large tower in the Rocca, as well as a line of walls (Mura Veneziane) 6,200 metres long.
It was begun in 1331 on hill of the Sant'Eufemia by William of Castelbarco, vicar of John of Bohemia, and later completed by Azzone Visconti. A wider citadel was also added, but it is now partly lost. The Venetians built a large tower in the Rocca, as well as a line of walls (Mura Veneziane) 6,200 metres long.
View in Google Earth Military - Historic - Forts and Batteries, Flags
Links: it.wikipedia.org
By: Effi

Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement