Berles-au-Bois WWI war cemetery
By giove @ 2010-01-19 09:39:15
The village remained in British hands from the summer of 1915, when it was taken over from French troops, until the end of the War; but it suffered at time from severe shelling. Berles New Military Cemetery was begun by fighting units in January 1917, when the Churchyard Extension was closed; it was used until April 1918
There are now 177, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, a small number are unidentified.