The Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre is a legitimate Broadway theatre located at 242 West 45th Street (George Abbott Way) in midtown-Manhattan.
Designed by architect Herbert J. Krapp, it opened as the Royale Theatre on January 11, 1927 with a musical entitled Piggy. Producer John Golden leased the theatre and renamed it for himself from 1932 to 1937 (when he moved to the Theatre Masque next door). The Shubert Organization then assumed ownership and initially leased the theatre to CBS Radio. In 1940 the Royale was restored to use as a legitimate theatre under its original name. On May 9, 2005, it was renamed for longtime Shubert Organization president Bernard B. Jacobs.
Categories: Buildings - Theaters