Bjerre Prison

Bjerre Prison


Bjerre, Denmark (DK)
Built in 1846 and expanded in 1911. In 1919 it was closed but opened again after WWII to hold prisoners who did service for Nazi Germany, such as HIPO's (Hilfs Polizisten) who were danish police men in Gestapo service.

When the last prisoner left around 1950 it was closed down for good.
Built in 1846 and expanded in 1911. In 1919 it was closed but opened again after WWII to hold prisoners who did service for Nazi Germany, such as HIPO's (Hilfs Polizisten) who were danish police men in Gestapo service.

When the last prisoner left around 1950 it was closed down for good.
View in Google Earth Prisons, Buildings - Misc
Links: www.horsensbilleder.dk
By: Dania

Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement