The Blaine Mansion built in 1881 for James G. Blaine, a Republican from Maine and three-time loser in his try for the White House. Note the decorative wrought iron details and pressed brick patterns in the chimneys. In 1901 George Westinghouse, of the electric company fame, bought this house and lived here until his death in 1914. This is the last standing Dupont Circle mansion of those homes that surrounded the circle in the earliest period of the area's development. Its newly renovated interior provides a historic setting for several firms.