Blohm + Voss AG shipyard (Birthplace of Battleship Bismarck)

Blohm + Voss AG shipyard (Birthplace of Battleship Bismarck)


Hamburg, Germany (DE)
Blohm + Voss is a German shipbuilding and engineering works. It was founded on April 5, 1877, by Hermann Blohm and Ernst Voss as a general partnership named Blohm & Voss. A shipyard was built on the island of Kuhwerder, near the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg, covering 15,000 m² with 250 m of water frontage and three building berths, two suitable for ships of up to 100 metres length. The company's logo is a simple dark blue rectangle with rounded corners bearing the white letters "Blohm+Voss".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blohm_%26_Voss

The building contract of the Battleship was placed on 16 November 1935 with Blohm + Voss, as New Construction "F" later named Bismarck and the keel was laid on 1 July 1936.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_battleship_Bismarck
Blohm + Voss is a German shipbuilding and engineering works. It was founded on April 5, 1877, by Hermann Blohm and Ernst Voss as a general partnership named Blohm & Voss. A shipyard was built on the island of Kuhwerder, near the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg, covering 15,000 m² with 250 m of water frontage and three building berths, two suitable for ships of up to 100 metres length. The company's logo is a simple dark blue rectangle with rounded corners bearing the white letters "Blohm+Voss".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blohm_%26_Voss

The building contract of the Battleship was placed on 16 November 1935 with Blohm + Voss, as New Construction "F" later named Bismarck and the keel was laid on 1 July 1936.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_battleship_Bismarck
View in Google Earth Military - Historic, Companies - Plants/Factories
Links: www.bismarck-class.dk
By: bubaonline

Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement