Blue Ash airport is located six miles northeast of downtown Cincinnati. The airport was originally known as Grisard Field and was founded in 1921 by the Grisard Company in an attempt to lure lucrative Federal funds and airmail routes to Cincinnati. It also housed the 359th Army Reserve Observation Squadron. Blue Ash today maintains the rustic yet modern charm that is a small and friendly general aviation airport. Summer air shows are still held there annually and many attend flight training and charter small aircraft out of Blue Ash for weekend jaunts. Pilots can usually be found hanging around the lounge engaged in "hangar flying" discussions, and although one can literally walk out of any of the hangar and see newly built business and residences directly across the street, the city has accepted the airport as an old friend and all accept each other peacefully.
Air Ports, Transportation - Aviation